Monday, March 30, 2009

Its only a job?

I was given the assignment by one of my readers (Trent Aldan) to find their home up on Marpo Heights. I was told that his home was to the right of Sylvestre Palacios. Here is my first attempt:

I was told that the home of Sylvestre Palacios was to the right of this two-story home

That would make this the home of Sylvestre Palacios... and to the right of his home:

is this home, of which I have taken three pictures:


Hope this helps! It is in a nice area, and was across the street from the new addition with the solar heaters on the roof.














Here are what look like some cactus plants... I still have a tough time accepting cactus plants on a tropical island!





There is always a great view from Marpo Heights. You can see the ocean gleam in the distance. I was lucky on my walk today--the rain seemed to go right around me!

This is Rama Ula from Bangladesh, India. He works for the Ben Manglona family. He was hard at work cutting grass from the side of the road to feed some deer. I guess the family has five deer they keep... I suppose it is no different than keeping cattle!


Here are what I assume are some of Tinian's famous hot peppers!


There are just a few trees that are beginning to bloom. In a couple of months the flame trees are supposed to come out in full.


The community time and temperature sign is back in place and working again. It was 80 when I left on my walk, and 86 when I returned.

They continue to dig a big hole in the middle of town, between the two main roads.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Our house is on the second picture..(pink)..thanks again..wow we haven't seen Dump Coke in a long time. Great photos.

Trent said...

Hey Mr. Kevan, My farm is sort of like a Zoo and a Green house mixed. Lots of flowers and farm animals. Go south on Broadway, pass Taga Beach follow the curve towards Carolinas Hts, come to the stop sig, go straight into the gravel road and make a left. Our farm is the fourth one on the left. My parents live there. Please take some pictures of the farm and say for me. Thanks Mr. Kevan.