Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving forward

Dynasty seems to have a new tourist bus...at least I have not seen it before

It was crowded with happy people heading somewhere

It was just another beautiful day on the island. You could easily see Goat island in the distance








The drainage field for the septic system has been completed and covered over; and they are now working on building a retaining wall around the covered areas, so that brickwork can be laid.


The amphitheater itself seems to be about ready


They continue to expand the large retaining pond behind the amphitheater...

They are also creating parking areas on both sides

I've heard of street sweepers... but roof sweepers? They are getting the park and grounds ready for a festival or something?

Roadwork continues from one end to the other






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hafa Adai! I accidently stumbled upon your blog and I am so glad I found it! It has quickly been added to "My Favorites" and I haven't had much time to read your blogs and stories. I plan to though! So far, we are just enjoying the pictures of home. My husband and I are from Tinian. My father is Jude Hofschneider and my husband's family name is Evangelista. We've been in the US for 5 years now. We lived in SA, TX while I served the AF but currently reside in Oceanside, CA where my husband serves as a US Marine. I understand your wife Terri is the new physician on the island. Thank you so much for your services to our island. We are pursuing our education further so that one day we will be able to go home and make a difference as well. If you're still on island next May (Fiesta time!) maybe we'll see you around. For now, thanks for keeping us "closer to home" than ever before.