Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring must be around the corner

I walked up to my favorite spot today, the Shinto Shrine at the top of the Carolinas. On the way I discovered just one of the many wandering chickens on the island.

The beauty and simplicity of the Shinto Shrine always seems to have a calming effect on me!


























From the shrine you can see the Tinian dock, and the new amphitheater

There is also a great view of Marpo Heights, across the valley

More bananas getting ready for picking sometime soon

There was even another rainbow to brighten my day!

I also discovered a new road!





The road eventually opened into a large field that had been used for growing crops



The road eventually came out onto one of the main roads in the valley.

The work on the broken water line is officially fixed!

Even businesses have created their own shrines! This represents the two things Tinian is most known for: the Atom bomb and Taga stones

No comments: